Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Interchange Maths

In the past two weeks of school, 7/8Sh, Ts, Bh and Tz has been doing interchange Maths. We have been going to different classes for maths and started learning with different teachers and different people from other classes. I am in Miss Birtch class for maths and I am enjoying and having fun learning with her. I also have my friends Keyana, Mikayla, Sharnarnia and Brianna in the same class working with me too.

In maths we first did a small test to see what level we were on and what group we will be put in. I got put into a group called Tapawha and we started off with the blue text book. We were learning our first LO which stands for Learning object and it is, How many tens are there in numbers less than 1000 / Place value, Money. When we started learning our Learning object, I struggled at the start because I was very confused on the questions, but later on that week, I finally understood how to do it.

Here is one example on how to work out one of the questions:

The store only has $100 notes, $10 notes and $1 coins and I wanted to buy a watch which cost $360. So my strategie I did was, I got 3 hundred dollar notes and 6 ten notes to make it $360, because 3 hundred dollars notes are 300 and 6 ten dollar notes are 60, so I have the right amount of money to buy the watch.

Here is a question for you to solve:
A diamond and sapphire brooch cost $43 346 and you need to work out how many dollar notes and one dollars coins you need.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anneleise!

    Great job at sharing your thoughts about Maths interchange. I am pleased that you are enjoying it and overcame some challenges but to achieve at the end! That is a great example of resilience. I like how clearly you explained what type of work we have been doing and how you shared a question with us at the end.

    I think you meant us to find how many $100 notes and $1 coins? My answer is: 433 $100 notes and 43 $1 coins! Let me know if this is correct! :)

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anneleise, What a great blog post you have done! I have learnt a lot from this I love how it is nicely presented. Maybe you can add a video to explain it besides that keep up the great work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anneleise, Great job sharing what you have done at maths the past 2 weeks, you explained it way better than me. I like how you said " here is a question for you to solve". Next time I think you should say us to find how many $100 notes and $1 coins because that sound much better. My answer is : 433 $100 notes and 43 $1 coins but please let me know if my answer is correct. Keep up the great work Anneleise, I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about