Pages

Friday, December 3, 2021

Commercial Patterns: Bucket Hat Finale

Hi there! This week in Textiles, I am still currently putting together my bucket hat. Afterwards once I am finished, I will making a reflection about the progress I have done, along with answering a few questions relating to commercial patterns.

What are commercial patterns?
Commercial patterns are patterns that are used in sewing to guide or direct how to make a certain piece of clothing, garment or accessories. It is issued in the States.

What pattern did you use?
My class used a bucket hat pattern by HelloSewing. The bucket hat had three parts to it; the top, brim, and crown. Every part was sewn on the 10mm line. The pattern that was used most was Bent Double-Headed Arrows (cut on the fold) and cutting lines.   

Reflection:
During this learning process of making bucket hats, I enjoyed the whole experience. However, at first, I found it quite difficult as I kept making the wrong turn on a step, but then once I got the hang of it, it slowly got easier each lesson. Overall, many mistakes occurred, but that helped me learn and improve on them. It was enjoyable making bucket hats, and now I am confident when doing this unit again.        

Here are pictures of my completed bucket hat:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about