Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

Social Studies: My Pepeha (Mihi)

Today in Social Studies, we created our Pepeha (Mihi). It's a traditional way of introducing yourself in Te Reo Maori. I have written one before in the past but I have revised some parts with some of my previous Mihi included.

My Pepeha (Mihi)

Ko So’oialo Anneleise tōku ingoa

Ko Aoraki tōku maunga (Mountain)

Ko Waimakariri tōku awa (River)

Ko Hornby High School tōku kura

No Samoa tōku whānau (My family is from)

Ko Otautahi ahau e noho ana (I live in )

Nō reira, tēna koutou, tēna koutou, tēna koutou katoa.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anneleise, I like how you added the English translation for those who doesn't know Te Reo Maori. So thoughtful. Maybe next time you could add a photo to make your blog post more interesting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about