Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Show don't Tell narrative openings - English

For my next creative writing task, I have to write some show don't tell, narrative opening sentences. This can be reflected from the images given or made up ones from our own knowledge. These are the three images that I will be showing not telling, what is happening. Hope you like it.    

1. Another day as my busy fingers are moving along my keyboard, in a room filled with boredom. 

2. I had this nauseous feeling of goosebumps running down my body, as the cold air is flowing on my skin. Then a man walked past me and gave me a glare.   

3. A smell of smoke lingered in my room as I immediately sprinted out and froze, watching the blistering flames from another house.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anneleise!
    I really like your blog post. It is easy to read and follow, you laid it out very well. I like your explanation of 'show don't tell' openings, I found it easy to understand. Your first example was very clear and a great way of 'show don't tell'. All in all, a really good blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about